Funkmaster Flex vowed to go on Hot 97 Saturday night to address Drake’s comments Thursday night (7/4) at his “Summer Sixteen” tour at Madison Square Garden.

Drizzy delivered a freestyle that many media outlets and fans in attendance reported him saying “Fuck Hot 97.” That wasn’t exactly what he said but the ill feelings towards the radio station were still made clear, heres what he actually rapped: “They telling lies on Hot 97, that’s how it goes / I told ‘em fire Funk Flex and then I’ll do your show / Plus, me and Kanye just got out the studio / My first night in the Garden, feeling like D Rose.”

This Drake and Flex feud dates back to last year when Flex decided to make an attempt to end Drake’s career by leaking the alleged reference tracks from Quentin Miller for Drake’s “Know Yourself,” “Used To,” “10 Bands,” and “R.I.C.O.” Champagne Papi responded to Flex and his arch nemisis Meek Mill with “Charged Up” and the Grammy-nominated “Back to Back.” Flex’s intention I guess was to keep the playing field even, he sided with Meek because he’s the people’s champion/ under dog in a sense and Drake is the golden boy who turns loosey tracks into chart topping singles that may or may not be written by ghost writers.

So that brings us to present day after Twitter and media outlets caught fire once the news broke about “Fire Funk Flex” freestyle, Flex promised he had a story to tell on the radio Saturday night about Drizzy. Flex went on to reassure his listeners Drake had no power to cause him to lose his job: “Want me to tell you why? Because 70 percent of your fans wear high-heels, the other 30 percent are guys who wear sandals,” he said.

 

The NYC DJ legend went on to detail the infamous black berry freestyle footage. You guys remember that? Back in 2009 while visiting Hot 97, Drake dropped a freestyle That Cipher Sounds recorded, and was filmed using a Blackberry smartphone. Flex claims that video was never supposed to be released because the Hot 97 team didn’t want to embarrass Drake. But the plot thickens guys, Drizzy’s team supposedly pressed Cipher to release the footage and eventually helped circulate it—all because Drake wanted to use it as evidence that he writes his own raps.

drake-freestyle-blackberry-o

“You wanted people to think that you write your bars, you wanted people to think that on that BlackBerry those [words] were yours, and that you wrote that” Flex said. “I see through you. And that’s why you so angry.”

And you know Flex is petty so he had to bring up that elephant in the room, the Diddy slapping altercation and the ghost writing situation from last year too: “Let me tell you something, Drizzy. You know what you should’ve just done, bruh? Reference tracks came, you should’ve just said, ‘Bruh, I got a couple people who help me with a couple things and keep it moving. It doesn’t change you.”

But to let the fans know it’s not personal on his side and that he is just a fan of real hip hop and dudes that write their own rhymes. Flex went on to admit Drake is a respectable artist who sells a lot of records; but if a rapper is trying to be the best lyricist in the world, “that cant happen when you’re not writing,” Flex explained. “Now I’m not saying he doesn’t write anything. I don’t want to take anybody’s work away from them. Yes, he writes, but there’s a couple of key things that he didn’t,” Flex said.

Listen to the full 25 minute audio below: