All the Star Wars Stan’s can celebrate and rejoice, the announcement was made that filming for the iconic film franchise in London this coming May. The great broke Tuesday (March 18) afternoon, and JJ Abrams as previously rumored is set to direct Star Wars: Episode VII with will take place 30 years after Return Of The Jedi. Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger shared the news at the company’s annual shareholder’s meeting in Portland, Ore. Iger also revealed the company’s plans for other films, such as a sequel to 2004’s The Incredibles, both films have had the internet a buzz the past 24 hours. Rumors are swirling that recent Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o and Girls actor Adam Driver will star in the new Star Wars installment. The film will be in theaters on December 18, 2015 just in time for the holidays.
Bob Iger said today during Disney’s annual shareholder meeting in Portland, OR that Star Wars Episode VII will begin principal photography in May in London, and the movie will pick up 30 years after the events in Return Of The Jedi. It’s finally a couple of concrete pieces of news from the studio about the pic, which JJ Abrams is directing and co-writing with Lawrence Kasdan. “It’s really in the process so there isn’t much I can share with you,” Iger said today, adding that there will be “familiar faces including a trio of young leads” but added that the only confirmed castmember remains R2-D2.